Saturday 30 May 2015

Book Review: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater



I was expecting a lot more. 

Sometimes, we read those books that change our lives and sometimes we read a book that is just that - reading.
Stiefvater has a very peculiar writing style that is difficult to get into - I got that and that is the very first book that I am reading of hers. I have to say that the book didn't transport me to its world; I felt that I was just reading pages with lots of details and no action. I read it on my Kindle so I am perfectly capable to admit that I only showed a fling of interest when I was in 80%. That isn't a good sign.

Blue is from a family of psychics and her power works as a battery to other people's powers. Very interesting this ability, I was interested in that. Gansey is going to be very important for the narrative too but this book didn't show that - even though the beginning is clearly clarifying about his future in the series.
The other characters were also interesting, specially Blue's family but I don't think that we are going to see more of them; Gansey's friends are mysterious, with lots of problems but we don't know what half of it.

Am I going to read the next book? Yes, because the end showed a closure but gave that me the feeling of "is it over yet?" I am not sure when I am going to read the next book, but I want to see what is going to happen to Gansey and Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment