Monday 25 May 2015

Book Review: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


Cassandra Clare keeps surprising with surprising cliffhangers that you only see on TV.


I have to admit: I am not the number 1 fan of Cassandra Clare and her series (The Mortal Instruments, I havent read The Infernal Devices yet.) However, I am still astonished when she writes amazing cliffhangers that makes you forget how to breath and make you want to buy the next book right away.
The fourth book of the series starts in New York. New characters gain more book time, like Simon, Alec and Izzie. I love this three more than I love Jace. Actually, Jace is not even close my favourite character. I liked the fact that now the story is so well maintained by the author that all these characters are essential to the narrative. Absolutely brilliant, keep going Cassandra, you're doing well.
Did I enjoy this book? Yes. Do I want to read the next? Yes. It not my favourite series but I like the characters and I believe that this book was a turning point when it comes to secondary characters. Besides, the cliffhanger was divine! I could definitely imagine it as a season finale which is amazing.
About the new characters: well introduced, there was no rush and even though there wasn't much written detail about their personalities, it was possible to understand them in a way that I am almost positive that I haven't seen the last of them yet.
The storyline didn't evolve as it did on the previous book but I liked the way that things were happening, with no rush. Well written, with detail and simplicity, it made my journey to London very pleasant. Also, it is possible to see that the characters are evolving in their personalities, not only in age. One of the reasons that I like series so much is because it gives us the opportunity to see a certain character grow and shape his/her personality. Cassandra does that brilliantly with this book. I have only two more left and I hope I will be able to finish this series this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment