Sunday 3 May 2015

Movie Review: Cinderella (2015)



A beautiful movie with beautiful actors.

Yesterday, I wasn't planning on going to watch a movie. But there I was, standing in the middle of Leicester Square with a massive poster of Cinderella. I decided to give it  go. In the end, I had a huge smile on my face and couldn't stop talikng about the movie.
Hayley Artwell (you might know her as Agent Carter) plays Cinderella's mother and she was stunning.I was quite surprised, I wasn't aware that she was in the movie, but she was beautiful. The beginning was full of sugar and smiles, which gave context to Cinderella's personality. Then, her Mother dies.
And that is when her step-mother arrives, with a cat by her side, her stupid daughers and a massive black hat. I believe that Cate Blanchett was perfect for the role, she totally gave it style and personality. However, I believe that I would love to see her with a purple gown more often than a green one.
Lily James does a beautiful, wonderful job as Cinderella and there were some shots where I could see some resemblance with Miss Artwell. The hair was so beautiful and her acting was so sweet and full of personality. The blue dress (yes, I am talking about that one) was stunning. That dress was made to fly above the clouds.
Richard Madden is Prince Charming and let's admit, he's been a charm since Game of Thrones. He wanted to be king, George RR Martin said no, but Disney said yes. He was perfect for the role, with a few more scenes than in the animated version, he gave character to Charming. Sorry, Kit. I'm confused now.


The special effects were wonderful, made me forget how to breathe several times. After all, it's Disney that we're talking about. The costumes were wonderful and they certainly add a lot to the storyline. The small changes that hey made were okay, even though I still am very loyal to the animated version. It really was a fairy tale movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment