Thursday 7 May 2015

Binge watching Grey's Anatomy


Binge watching Grey’s Anatomy was an adventure. It took me three months to be up to date with this amazing series created by Shonda Rhimes. Never have I ever binged watched an 11 seasons series! It is crazy! I dived in to this amazing series with zero expectations. Eleven seasons later, I think that was the best thing I could have ever done.

Apart from Saving Hope, I had never watched a series that has medical terminology on it. It was frightening watching hearts, livers and kidneys. On the other hand, you get used to it and in the end that’s not what it matters. What it matters are the characters, so rich and complex, magnificently multidimensional. So when a kidney shows on your screen, you’re not thinking about the organ itself but the story that it represents and that helps a lot to not get disgusted by it. Seriously, I couldn’t live a doctor’s life – it requires touching organs and veins and the only thing that I like to touch are books. And my keyboard.

After season 8 I thought: wait a minute, I can actually keep up with this series! I’ll finish binge watching it while it is still airing. Of course, I couldn’t have done worse, especially after what happens in season 11 (you know what I’m talking about). However, I’ll never stop watching it because Grey’s Anatomy has been with me through this past 3 months and it’s not just because of the fact that one character left the series that the show will ruin itself.


The series has 11 years. We also need to look at the actors who have been playing this characters since the first episode – it is totally understandable if they wish to leave the series or if the character’s journey has come to an end. I’m not disappointed by that – if we take a look at our lives we see that people are always coming and going. It is sad but that doesn’t mean that they’ll be forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment