Tuesday 12 May 2015

It was only just a dream



This time, I'm not here to talk about books. It was something that I was reluctant to share because it is very personal, but I also thought that it might make you smile like it did to me. Two nights ago, I had a dream. I was leaving my old home when Veronica Roth and Sarah J. Maas show up. Veronica hands in a draft of Divergent with an address on it - her office. She tells me "When you finish your book, give it to me so I can read it." I smile, the happiest person on Earth. "Sure. But, if I finish a script, would you still read it?" That's when Sarah smiles at me and says "Veronica doesn't have time, but I do. Sure, send it to me."

Now, I have so many things to say about this: a) I wish to be a writer - a scriptwriter but somehow (many years writing fanfiction) I am only capable of writing prose; b) I've met Veronica Roth in person, I know what she looks like and I've read her books. However, I had never seen a photo of Sarah. I had only heard of her books. So you will find me quite surprised when I got check if she's on Twitter and the photo looks exactly like the person who was in my dream.

I told about this to my mom. She looked as astonished as I was when I saw Sarah's photo. She then told me that our souls are old and they are able to travel further then our physical bodies can go. Apparently, mine crossed the Atlantic to meet an author that I admire very much and another who I am looking forward to meet and tell her "Hi. I met you even before I knew you." I will sound like a lunatic, but it was my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment