Tuesday 23 June 2015

Book Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


Never have I even seen so many plot twists in a four-hundred-page book

The cliffhanger from Throne of Glass was promising. I have to admit that I almost fell asleep in some parts not due to the lack of pace but because of the description - sometimes, it was too long.

Celaena is fierce in this book, much more adult than in the previous one. Chaol was a huge surprise for me - he knows what he wants and his father's presence in this book shooke things a bit but not much. Just like Roland. That guy showed up and left after fifty pages. I was expecting more of him but I am sure I will see more of them in the next books.

At the beginning, I was so afraid that Dorian might die! Until the moment that his powers truly revealed themselves and helped Celaena. It makes perfect sense now that I am writing this: he is the ice, she is the fire. Oh, I see a song of Lana del Rey in here.

What happened to Nehemia was a huge surprise and the fact the Queen Elena was back too - I am mentioning them both because there is a resemblance in there. Celaena isn't the only link that connects them. I will miss Nehemia, I truly will. However, it was possible to see that her death was a means to an end and Celaena went to that dark place of hers only to come back more ruthless and determined than ever. That will be very useful in the next book, I am sure.

The plot was convincing, entailing, and I wish I had had more time to read than I had. But still, the book made me company through many train journeys and tube journeys and bus journeys. Heir of Fire already is on my bookshelf, ready to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment