Monday 29 June 2015

Binge watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.



I am a Marvel fan, but I am not their Nº1 fan. I don't know all the names of the superheroes but I like their storylines and the fact that they are, at the moment, causing a huge revolution in the cinematic universe.
But, I am a huge fan of Agent Carter. It was her that made me want S.H.I.E.L.D. Also, The Avengers and Thor. They are the responsible for making me start watching the series.

So why this series and why not keep watching Marvel movies? Well, let's just say that the series is unique: it connects movie facts and connects the storylines that happen in the movies. It is not only a series: it is a piece of a much bigger puzzle which makes it incredibly fantastic and fun to watch. Besides all of this, it has its own characters, storylines and rhythm. People who don't watch the movies won't be left out in the dark.

I am very thankful to the creators. Each episode is like a mini-movie: it starts, evolves and ends. However, the cliffhangers of "we'll return in a moment" is so freaking awesome! It is like watching a mini-movie each week. Well, each day, at least for me.

Let's go to the characters now: at the beginning, they didn't glue exactly - the team was trying to build its roots and learn about each other - but in the middle of season 1 the characters already are so connected with each other that every single plot twist is painful, not only to the viewer, but also to them.
Yes, cliffhangers, plot twists, hearts being broken. It has all that.

After two weeks watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I can admit that I don't know what I am going to do next summer, besides thinking about all those amazing, unique, funny and complex characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment