Thursday 17 September 2015

Book Review: Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan


A book where the age matters


I have to admit that whenever I am reading a Percy Jackson book I always have that feeling that this is just a children's book. It is not like Harry Potter - timeless. Percy Jackson was really designed for children and the fact that I am an adult reading that doesn't help because the dialogues and the descriptions are so simple. However, the stories are funny, but I cannot see myself in the book.

Even though I can't identify with the books, I made a promise to a friend that I would read the Percy Jackson series so... here I am making a review about a children's book that I didn't like very much. Promise is a promise, after all. I believe that if I was younger (I remember that I like very much the first book and I was sixteen, I believe) I would have enjoyed this books much more. Anyway, I only have two more left. I think I can handle it.

It isn't a difficult book to read, but the dialogues are sometimes annoying because they are childish. I remember when I was fourteen (Percy's age in this book) I didn't talk like that with my friends. The events occur naturally and for that I thank Rick because that is a genius move. I like this author, don't get me wrong. Rick is a wonderful writer, I am sure of that.

You should read Percy Jackson. But if you don't want to, don't watch the movies because they are awful. Trust me; I like the books much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment