Sunday 23 August 2015

Book Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Just wow

The third book. It's unbelievable, especially when the fourth comes in September and I have already pre-ordered.
Celaena - she will never stop being my Celaena, it doesn't matter if other characters call her differently - grows so strong in this book, after the absolute devastation that was Crown of Midnight. I liked to see her growth in this one, and now... we are the same age! How awesome is that? There is time when you read YA and you are younger than the characters and then... I am at the time when the characters are as old as I am. That is so awesome!

Dorian... My poor sweet prince Dorian also evolved a lot in this book. His love (or whatever it was) for Sorcha was so pure and natural that I was really rooting for them. But it just wasn't meant to be. It is crucial here to say that while Dorian grew as a character - he was just a prince in the first book but now he's acting like a king - it is not possible to say the same for Chaol. I understand his sacrifice but until the end he didn't know where he stood. Is it really that difficult to decide?

The King... now I am truly afraid of him, especially after what he did to his son. I am going to be so sad when the next book comes out because I know what is happening to Dorian and it is so not fair! Do not touch my bae!

Now... the new characters! We have Rowan, Celaenas trainer who then becomes so much more. He seems a little rough in the beginning but then we understand that it is the fact that he is almost immortal that makes him that way - he's been through a lot.
We also have Aedion and let's just say that Celaena has been surrounded by very handsome men since an early age. He is her protector, her sidekick and they gre up together. It makes him like a brother, a protector, a possible king, maybe. Let's face it: all of them - Dorian, Chaol, Rowan and Aedion - are possible kings for a queen such as Celaena.

I absolutely loved this book; I can't wait to read Queen of Shadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment